Heli steep skiing in Mont Blanc
For a lot of skiers, the Alps are a fantastic playground with huge potential for fun, but for some, it is more than that, it is a place where they can put into practice their dreams of extreme sporting feats.
For many years, the Alps have witnessed the incredible accomplishments of extreme sporting pioneers such as Sylvain Saudan, Pierre Tardivel, Anselme Baud, Patrick Vallençant to name just a few, skiing down numerous steep lines and always pushing the limits further.
Today, we offer you the opportunity of following in the steps of these pioneers, guiding you down major itineraries that made the Alps the cradle of this philosophy.
Highs landing: 3400m
Run length: 750-900m
2 to 4p.
Terrain: Glacier, alpine
Courmayeur 30 minutes from Chamonix.
Because these heliskiing itineraries require stable snow conditions, you will either need to be flexible enough to make a last minute decision, or organised enough to plan a trip that takes into account bad weather days so you can make the most of the perfect windows! After the helicopter drops off the skiers, it is sometimes necessary to approach certain couloirs skinning up or using crampons.
Given the high exposure and risky character of the descents, one of Heliski-Alpes’ guides will previously take you skiing one of the steep lines of the mountain range for a day in order to get to know you and make sure your technique and fitness levels are up to it!
The price includes:
- Guiding with a fully qualified mountain guide
- Helicopter flights
- The obligatory Italian daily tax of 10€/pers/day for heliskiing
- The rental of individual safety equipment ( harness, shovel, probe, transceiver) and group safety equipment (radio, first-aid kit)
- Ski passes if they are previously planned in the organisation of the day
- Snow-scooters for getting back to Zerotta on heliskiing days in Courmayeur
- A 65% discount on the return price for car journey through the Mont-Blanc tunnel.
The price does not include:
- All the fees for transporting people and equipment
- Food and board
- The rental of an ABS rucksack (mandatory, 20€/pers)
- Ski passes which are not previously planned in the organisation of the day
- Anything which does not figure in the “price includes” section.