Heliskiing in Courmayeur & Off piste in Chamonix
Highs landing: 4002m
Run length: 3800m
4, 8 or 12p.
Terrain: Glacier, alpine, forest
30 minutes from Chamonix.
The Heliskiing activity offered by Heliski-Alpes is not an "all-inclusive" service
The cost of supervision by a High Mountain Guide and the cost of using the helicopter will be paid separately to the two organizations concerned.
However, for your information, the blue price shown below represents the total price that the chosen formula will cost you.
- UIAGM Guide supervision price paid directly to Heliski Alpes
- Helicopter price 2 Runs paid directly to the Helicopter company
- For information a total of
Departure from Chamonix for a 30 min drive to Courmayeur.Before starting the day we will have a quick briefing about safety.In order to warm-up and check everyone’s level, we will start the day by taking the highest cable car in Courmayeur up and skiing one of the most beautiful off-piste runs in Val-Veny. After this, we will give the helicopter pilot the green light to come and pick us up for a first lap from Aiguille de l’Aigle or Col de la Cie, depending on conditions.
The itinerary chosen for the descent will depend on the technique and fitness level of the group. The descent which combines couloirs, steep slopes and seracs is incredibly beautiful. The morning powder on this run is fantastic. After a quick break at the Combal lake, the helicopter will pick us up for another lap. This time we will be dropped off on the spectacular thin ridge of Mont Fortin. Gazing down the north face, you may be intimidated at first, but after a few turns the slope soon becomes much friendlier and you can enjoy a perfect run all the way down to the bottom of the resort (Zerotta) where you will be picked up by a snow scooter and taken to a charming little restaurant. There, you will be able to try the tasty local dishes and wine before doing your last turns down to the parking and heading back to Chamonix (30 min drive).
Back in Chamonix, we will have a short briefing about the day to come. Of the 4 possible ski resorts that surround us, we will choose the most promising one in terms of snow conditions. If considered safe enough, we will opt for some of the best itineraries such as the pas de chèvre, couloir du chapeau, the grand envers at the Aiguille du midi, Toule glacier, the ENSA couloir, the Aiguille Pourrie to name just a few.
If conditions are bad in Chamonix, it is more than likely that in Italy we will find enough powder to be grinning all day and ski forests of larch trees worthy of Canada.
UIAGM Guide supervision cost:
- The supervision by an UIAGM mountain guide
- The loan of safety equipment shovel, probe, DVA, harness and collective equipment Radio, Pharmacy, rope
- Snowmobile service to return to Zerota for Courmayeur area
- Administrative Cost
Does not include:
- All costs related to the transport of people and equipment.
- The price of the Mont Blanc Tunnel 13€/p. see below in "ancillary costs"
- ABS bag rental - 25€/p. mandatory if you do not have your own verified and in working order see below under "additional costs"
- Everything that is not written in "what is included"
For your information, the helicopter price includes:
- Helicopter flights
- The mandatory Italian tax of 10€/p. for helicopter drop-off
- Ski passes, if necessary.